HinduNet
Forums Chat Annouce Calender DigiCards Recommend Remote Invites
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#73497 - 12/31/06 02:42 PM Sikhs attack multi-faith temples in England
Hindu_Nutcase Offline
seeker

Sikh group attacks multi-faith temples

A Sikh campaign group recently stormed two temples to remove the Guru Granth Sahib from the premises, on the pretext that the Sikh holy book should not be present at premises where non-Sikh (i.e. Hindu) worship takes place.

Continued @ http://www.hinduvoice.co.uk/Issues/12/TS.htm

#73498 - 01/03/07 05:59 AM Re: Sikhs attack multi-faith temples in England [Re: Hindu_Nutcase]
ashs Offline

within the sikh community there is a lot of fear that external agents are out to change and alter our faith. I've read some materials and it does support such. Textbooks and pamphlets with delibrate missinformation are created and many sikhs(including myself) don't support this. Im completely for interfaith activities and involvment (god does not see religion).

#73499 - 07/04/07 03:29 PM Re: Sikhs attack multi-faith temples in England [Re: ashs]
sagefrakrobatik Offline
initiate

Quote:

within the sikh community there is a lot of fear that external agents are out to change and alter our faith. I've read some materials and it does support such. Textbooks and pamphlets with delibrate missinformation are created and many sikhs(including myself) don't support this. Im completely for interfaith activities and involvment (god does not see religion).

Hey is this why i cant find the Sikhs most holy book in either Borders or my Library?

#73500 - 07/01/08 05:05 PM Re: Sikhs attack multi-faith temples in England [Re: sagefrakrobatik]
ashs Offline

Its because our current Guru (teacher) is our "holy" book (The Sri Guru Grant Sahib) and if it was at a local library many would find that offensive. Those who do keep the Sri Guru Grant Sahib in their house usually dedicate an entire room for it and make sure to clean themselves before they touch it and recite its words.

Moderator:  ashs, bbadmin, satay, Shaivite 
(Views)Popular Topics
VALUE BASED MANAGEMENT 6323263
Building A Caring Society 2471178
The Dvaita Viewpoint 1442724
Instances of Muslim Bigotry 1342869
Need some help with my MBA project 1152640
Islamic fanaticism and terror 908290
Allegations on Sinha : Who is gunning for whom? 754542
Christians Converting to Hinduism 659721
Instances of psuedo-secularism in India 541660
THEORY OF ACTION AND KARMA YOGA 481924

This site is part of Dharma Universe LLC websites.
Copyrighted 2009-2010, Dharma Universe.